The story of one photo
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Write down your thoughts about this letter
- Who was Gabriel Garcia Marquez: biography
If God, for a second, forgot what I have become and granted me a little bit more of life, I would use it to the best of my ability.
I wouldn’t, possibly, say everything that is in my mind, but I would be more thoughtful l of all I say.
I would give merit to things not for what they are worth, but for what they mean to express.
I would sleep little, I would dream more, because I know that for every minute that we close our eyes, we waste 60 seconds of light.
I would walk while others stop; I would awake while others sleep.
If God would give me a little bit more of life, I would dress in a simple manner, I would place myself in front of the sun, leaving not only my body, but my soul naked at its mercy.
To all men, I would say how mistaken they are when they think that they stop falling in love when they grow old, without knowing that they grow old when they stop falling in love.
I would give wings to children, but I would leave it to them to learn how to fly by themselves.
To old people I would say that death doesn’t arrive when they grow old, but with forgetfulness.
I have learned so much with you all, I have learned that everybody wants to live on top of the mountain, without knowing that true happiness is obtained in the journey taken & the form used to reach the top of the hill.
I have learned that when a newborn baby holds, with its little hand, his father’s finger, it has trapped him for the rest of his life.
I have learned that a man has the right and obligation to look down at another man, only when that man needs help to get up from the ground.
Say always what you feel, not what you think. If I knew that today is the last time that that I am going to see you asleep, I would hug you with all my strength and I would pray to the Lord to let me be the guardian angel of your soul.
If I knew that these are the last moments to see you, I would say “I love you.”
There is always tomorrow, and life gives us another opportunity to do things right, but in case I am wrong, and today is all that is left to me, I would love to tell you how much I love you & that I will never forget you.
Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone, young or old. Today could be the last time to see your loved ones, which is why you mustn’t wait; do it today, in case tomorrow never arrives. I am sure you will be sorry you wasted the opportunity today to give a smile, a hug, a kiss, and that you were too busy to grant them their last wish.
Keep your loved ones near you; tell them in their ears and to their faces how much you need them and love them. Love them and treat them well; take your time to tell them “I am sorry,” “forgive me, “please,” “thank you,” and all those loving words you know.
Nobody will know you for your secret thought. Ask the Lord for wisdom and strength to express them.
Show your friends and loved ones how important they are to you.
Send this letter to those you love. If you don’t do it today…tomorrow will be like yesterday, and if you never do it, it doesn’t matter either, the moment to do it is now.
For you, with much love,
Ummm… I thought about my mistakes, when I read this letter. I think, I learned a lot, from this. Serously. I’m thinking now, about this, and I understand that I was wrong during all my life. I know that feelings will save the world, not beauty or something else…
- For the time of the day –at 5 o’clock,at midnight, at sunset
- we use at with expressions – at night, at the weekend, at present, at the moment, at Easter,at Christmas
- We say that somebody is at home, at work, at school, at university, at college, at sea
go home, walk home, come home BUT be at home, stay at home, do sth at home
- We say that somebody is at a party, at a concert…at a conference, at the meeting, at a football match
- We usually say at when we say where an event takes place at the Moscow cinema, at the Royal festival Hall…
- We say at the station, at the airport
- We say at somebody’s house- at Tom’s house, at Tom’s, at the doctor’s, at the hairdresser’s
- We say arrive in referring to large places – arrive in Italy, arrive in Paris BUT referring to small places we say arrive at the station, arrive at work, arrive at the hotel
- We use on for days and dates: on Friday, on April 15, On Christmas day, on my birthday
- we say that somebody is on the left, on the right, on the floor,on a map, on the menu, on a farm
- we say that a place is on a river, on the road, on the coast, on the way
- we say on a bus, on a train, on a plane, on a ship also on a horse, on a bicycle,on a motor-bike
- BUT in a car, in a taxi
- we say on the shelf, on the floor, on the balcony, on the wall, on the door, on the ceiling
- In a room, in a shop, in the car, in the water, in the garden, in the city.…
- We use in for longer periods– in October, in winter, in 1985, in the Middle Ages, in the 18th century, in the past, in the future
- We use in to tell a time in the future– in a few minutes, in a week,in a moment, in 2 months
- We say in the morning, in the evening, in the afternoon
BUT we say on Friday afternoon, on Monday morning…
1.Complete the sentences with in,at,on.
1.My office is on the first floor. It’s on the left as you come out of the lift.
2.I love to look up the stars in the sky at night.
3.Paris is at the river Seine.
4.It’s a very small village .You can’t find in on your map.
5.Have you ever worked in a farm?
6.Our flat is on the second floor.
7.We stopped at a small village on the way to London.
8.Portsmouth is in the south coast of England.
9.Nicola was wearing a silver ring on her little finger.
10.The headmaster of the company is in Milan.
2.Complete the sentences.Use in, at, on + one of the following
the door , 18 May 1991 , Saturday evenings , the station, 6 months ,
my way to work, my guitar , time , the west coast , the river
- Look at those people swimming in the river.
- One of the strings on my guitar is broken.
- Have you seen the notice on the door?
- San Francisco is on the west coast of the United States.
- I usually buy a newspaper on my way to work in the morning.
- My train arrives at 11:30. Can you meet me at the station.
- We got to the station just on time to catch the train.
- They are getting married in 6 months.
- Do you usually go out on Saturday evenings.
- Pauline got married on 18 May 1991.
1.Where is she?- She is in hospital.
2.Where are they? — They are at the airport.
3.Where is he?- He is in bed.
4.Where are they? – They are on ship.
5.Where are the stars? —Stars are in the sky.
6.Where are they? —They are at party.
7.Where is John? —John is at the doctor’s.
8.Where is the restaurant?- The restaurant is on the second floor.
9.Where is she?-She is at work.
10.Where are they?- They are in a plane.
11.Where are they?- They are in a taxi.
12.Where are they?- They are in a wedding.